Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Well, I went to my gestational program today, only 3 women were there. It wasn't as scarey as I thought it would be. They gave me a meal plan. I have to eat 6 meals a day, and I'll be counting carbs. I get 30 carbs for breakfast, but no fruit or sweet foods, and 45 carbs for the other two meals and three snacks. It doesn't sound so hard. I have to check my sugar 4 times a day (poke my finger). Then if changing my eating habits doesn't change my numbers then maybe they'll have to start me on insulin of some sort (shot or pill). My highest number after the glucose challenge was 193. They like to keep the numbers between 70 and 140. Mom and Don have both been wanting to change their eating habits too, so they're going to "diet" with me. Also, after I have the baby, a meal plan to lose weight (for just me) is also included in this program. So, wish me luck. I have a 2200 calorie diet plan, which is more than the other two women got, but I'm a lot taller than they both were, and they were both bigger around, and not cuz of baby. One of the girls is having twin girls, and it's both of the women's first pregnancies. Good thing I am so tall, otherwise I would look a lot bigger. I never considered myself 'obese', but apparently they do. I always knew I should lose about 20+ pounds though. I'll update on 'our' progress. kisses....

No comments: