Monday, January 21, 2008


Don and Selem made it home. Don a day early. Then we drove to Muskegon Friday night, in a blizzard and picked up Selem from the airport. I have never been so proud as when I first saw him in his uniform. What a change from jeans and sweatshirts, plus he lost 32 pounds in 8 weeks. He's at his dad's for a few days, when he gets back we're going to take him and Mel to the condo, if it's available. Don went back to PA yesterday. He loves the school time, but hates time after and weekends. There's nothing to do there. Course, on February 2nd, the town will be over crowded with people trying to see the groundhog. Yee-ha! Anyway, my ketones are normal, and my sugar numbers are not steady but they are pretty much staying under the max numbers they gave me. So, apparently, changing my meal plan a little is helping. Hopefully this diabetes thing goes away after the baby is born. We still have agreed on a name. Don likes Peyton, Gracen and Leila. Mom likes Donni Lee and Lily. I like Kari, Karlee, Hallie, Jewel... I think Donni Lee would be kinda cute too for a little country girl, and after Daddy, but Don just laughed it off. I'll let you know.....

5 comments:

Lei Lei said...

...have not agreed on a baby name...

Marcy said...

Aww that cutie that name of girl i like that and my gosh selem dan look Great and i can see that he look lost weight now i am proud of him ! and how he doing when he got back hometown??? love you sis!

Lei Lei said...

Which name did you like Marcy?

Michelle Auer said...

What a handsome boy!
I really like the name, Peyton. I also have always loved the names, Dylan or Devon for a girl. Since I'm not ever going to have any more babies, I've been trying to convince someone to use them! haha!

Marcy said...

i like that donni lee that sounds like to me cowgirl like daddy heheh but i like donna lee either but its up to you sis!